Welcome To the TIA ICT Startup Challenge 2017!
The 5th annual startup competition will take place during the June 5-8, 2017
TIA Connectivity Jam
Application Deadline: May 5, 2017 Midnight PDT
The Startup Challenge is now Closed to applicants.
Please join us at the Jam for the Dallas Tech & Innovation Kick-Off Reception.
And We Want YOU!
What is TIA?
TIA (the Telecommunications Industry Association) is the leading association representing the manufacturers and suppliers of high-tech communications networks. We are seeking innovative information and communications technology (ICT) companies which are creating new products and services that will build the next generation of communications networks and the platforms and applications that will take advantage of the increased connectivity.
Application Deadline: May 5, 2017, Midnight PDT.
Why Challenge Your Company?
ICT company executives attend the annual TIA Connectivity Jam to share and discuss the latest advances in technology and industry business strategies. This means they want to hear from YOU!
We're looking for products and services that build or make use of communications and connectivity. Here are some examples:
wireless & Connectivity Infrastructure
5G technologies as well as legacy systems, LPWAN networks, unlicensed wireless, licensed and unlicensed spectrum, SDN, NFV, backhaul, data centers, towers, cabling, fiber, satellite, streamed media, and all other communications topics related to this category.
Next-Gen Network Operation platforms
OSS/BSS, XaaS, operationalizing virtualized environments, supply chains, workforce, assessments, metrics, benchmarking, service chaining, integrating legacy and new systems, and artificial intelligence.
Internet of Things
This includes applications platforms or IoT related infrastructure for commercial, consumer, and government uses. Examples: Smart & Connected Communities (S&CC) ... Vehicle Connectivity and Intelligent Roadways ... Smart Homes and Buildings ... Energy, Oil & Gas ... eRetail ... eHealth ... Streaming Media ... Edge Devices
Additional areas for submission
Artificial Intelligence, Security, Blockchain
Ready to Apply?
Criteria to Apply:
- The startup applicant’s product or service must focus on ICT with with preference given to applicants that have products and solutions in the categories mentioned above.
- Must be a scalable product or service, and in-market with customers. If still at the MVP or pilot phase, that is fine, but must be in market for testing with prospective customers.
- Startup must be funded (even if self-funded or friends and family) and have under $5M USD in funding of any kind, in the aggregate.
- Startup must have less than $2M USD in revenue booked to date for the product being pitched.
Application and Review Process:
- Applicants must:
- Complete the form below.
- Agree to the terms of the submission agreement (NOTE: BY SUBMITTING THE FORM, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE TERMS BELOW).
- Forward your current pitch presentation to Limor Schafman at email@example.com.
- Please NOTE: Only submit what is NOT confidential and proprietary. This presentation will only be viewed by TIA staff and our judges.
- Application deadline: May 5, 2017 Midnight PDT
- There will be six finalists. Announcement to be made May 9.
- Finalist announcements will include instructions and requirements for the final pitch presentation to take place at the TIA Connectivity Jam taking place June 5-8 in Dallas, Texas.
- Get ready to travel to TIA 2017! All applicants will receive a 10% discount to attend. The six finalist company presenters (no more than two per company) will receive complimentary admission to TIA's Connectivity Jam. All travel expenses are your responsibility, and this is true for all applicants.
Onsite Startup Challenge:
The Startup Challenge will take place during a luncheon on the main stage on June 7 (date and time subject to change). No other session takes place during this time, so the exposure to finalists’ presentations is extraordinary.
- Each finalist will make a five minute pitch. Time clock will be strictly applied.
- A panel of judges drawn from the ICT industry and VCs will confer and determine winners onsite.
- Awardees will be announced during the Luncheon.
There will be one winning company and two runners up.
By participating in this competition, you may win these valuable awards:
- Free admission to June 6 and June 7 of the TIA Connectivity Jam for lead presenter(s) (two presenters max per company) and discount admission for additional staff. (Workshops excluded.)
- 10% off discount code for additional staff to attend
- Company logo, listing and description on TIA Connectivity Jam mobile app
- One year free subscription to “ID Your IP” by Tracklight.
...will receive all of the above and prize money for each company (differing per level), as well as…
- $2,500 per Runner-up Winner
- One year of free TIA Membership
- Group interview on TIA NOW video network
- Promotion of winners in the daily mailing to attendees
- Listing of winners with logos on TIA website through end of 2017
- TIA News Release listing winners. Promotion to industry and local press.
First Place Winner
...will receive all of the above (see below for monetary award)…
- $5,000 as the First Place Winner
- Exclusive TIA NOW Executive Interview on-site at the TIA Connectivity Jam
- Access to private meeting room for meetings with prospective buyers and investors
Have questions? Contact Limor Schafman: firstname.lastname@example.org, +1.703.907.7582 and on WhatsApp too.
3 Easy Steps to Apply:
1. Complete the form below
2. Attach your pitch
3. Sign off on the Challenge Agreement
Top of Form
By submitting the form below, you agree to the terms of the TIA Startup Challenge as listed below.
**NOTE: By submitting your form above, you agree to the TIA Connectivity Jam Startup Challenge Agreement Terms below.**
DON'T FORGET TO Email your presentation pitch!
Send the PPT document (or a link to the pitch) to email@example.com. Finalists will have an opportunity to update the pitch document for the June 7 presentation.
Please also send a follow up email without the pitch to make sure I have received it.
TIA Connectivity Jam ICT Startup Challenge Agreement
This Agreement forms the basis for participation in the ICT Startup Challenge at the TIA Connectivity Jam, Dallas, Texas, June 5-7, 2017 (“The Jam”). By signing this Agreement, Applicant agrees to all of the terms and conditions below, and agrees that he/she is acting as a duly authorized representative of his/her company or entity if participating on behalf of a company or entity.
- The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA), in its sole discretion, will deliver and manage the Startup Challenge (“Challenge”) in all aspects.
- TIA will confirm Applicant's submission for eligibility in the Challenge and empanel individuals (“Panel”) to designate winners of the Challenge.
- The selection of winners shall be solely the responsibility and within the discretion of the Panel and it shall reflect their judgment as deemed reasonable to the Panel.
- Eligible applications selected for consideration as competitors must disclose any current or prior financial and/or consulting/advisory relationship or other support they have received from TIA or Panel members.
- TIA reserves the right to not advance a submission to competitor status at any time for any reason.
- TIA reserves the right not to award winner status at any time in the process if it determines there is a violation of any local, state, or federal regulation or responsibility, or if additional information surfaces that would make a competitor ineligible, or for other appropriate reasons within the sole discretion of TIA.
- TIA, assuming the above conditions are satisfied, will award prizes to the First Place winner and up to two Runners-Up as described in the Addendum to this Agreement.
- Applicants and presenting competitors should only present information to TIA and/or at the Challenge event at the Jam that is NOT confidential or proprietary. TIA shall NOT keep confidential any information of any nature provided that arises from this Agreement and the Challenge.
- Applicants and presenting competitor confirm, without reservation, that they are authorized to submit and present the content on behalf of the applying company or entity, and that the content is original to them or the company or entity they represent.
- TIA reserves the right to cancel or modify the time and format of the Challenge or the Jam at any time at its sole discretion. Any dispute arising out of or in any manner related to this Agreement that cannot be resolved by negotiation between the parties shall be subject to mandatory, exclusive arbitration in a forum in Virginia under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Judgment on the award of the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- In performing under this Agreement, the applicant shall act at all times as an independent entity. Nothing contained herein shall be construed or applied so as to create the relationship of partners, joint ventures, or of principal and agent, or of employer and employee, between TIA and Applicant or any Applicant staff.
- Applicant shall indemnify and hold harmless TIA against any claims, actions or liabilities based on information or materials created or furnished by Applicant pursuant to this Agreement, including any third party claim of violation of any intellectual property right. In the event of such claim, action or liability, TIA shall promptly notify Applicant and Applicant shall be offered the opportunity to direct, control and supervise the settlement or defense of any such claim or action and TIA shall comply with Applicant’s directions in regard to such settlement or defense. TIA shall have the right to have its own counsel participate in such settlement or defense at TIA’s expense.
- DISCLAIMER. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SET FORTH ABOVE, ALL OTHER REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICE AND/OR EITHER PARTY’S PERFORMANCE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EACH PARTY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. OTHER THAN WITH RESPECT TO THE INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS SET FORTH IN SECTION 13: (A) NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, ECONOMIC, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AS A RESULT OF ANY BREACH OR ALLEGED BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR OBLIGATION UNDER THIS AGREEMENT; AND (B) IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY’S LIABILITY TO THE OTHER AS A RESULT OF ANY CLAIM ARISING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH CLAIM IS BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY.
Addendum to TIA Connectivity Jam Prizes Winner
Will receive everything "Runners-Up" receive as well as the following:
Access to private meeting room for meetings with prospective buyers and investors.
Exclusive TIA NOW Executive Interview on-site at TIA 2017
Financial reward of $5,000 USD
Will receive everything "All Finalists" receive as well as the following:
One annual TIA Membership
Mention in TIA News Release
Group interview on-site on
TIA NOW online video channel
$2,500 USD per runner up
Will receive the following:
Free Industry Summit admission (June 6-7) for lead presenter(s) (no more than two)
Discounted admission (10%) for additional staff from participant’s company
Logo listing on TIA Connectivity Jam website for remainder of 2017
Company logo, listing and description on TIA Connectivity Jam mobile app
One year free subscription to “ID Your IP” by Tracklight
I accept the TIA Connectivity Jam Startup Challenge Agreement *
Bottom of Form